The intent of the NU-1500 is to offer improved air quality and a reduction in energy costs over standard pool dehumidification systems. This unit decreases overall maintenance costs while reducing and eliminating mold and/or bacteria growth, Higher outside air quantities control the buildup of chloramines thus increasing the life expectancy of existing HVAC systems and the building structure while providing better indoor air quality for occupants.
- Height of HRV Exchanger with Stand is 96" high so a ceiling height of at least 98" is required to vertically mount this unit in a mechanical room
- HRV Exchanger Weight: 280 lbs.
- HRV Stand Weight: 50 lbs.
- Unit fits through a 36" wide standard door
- Unit CFM range: 900 CFM to 1,500 CFM
- External Static Pressure: 1" on supply and .75" on the return
- Supply Duct Size required: 25" x 16"
- Return Duct Size Required: 24" x 24"
- Outside Air Duct Size Required: 24" x 24"
- Exhaust Air Duct Size Required: 25" x 16"
Pool Size Specifications:
- Pool Size: Under 1,000 square feet
- Pool Room Size: Under 15,000 cubic feet of volume
Operating Cost Per Year:
- At $.10/KW blower operation for 8,760 Bin Hours = $840/year
- At $.10/KW blower operation for 8,760 Bin Hours = $1,051/year
- At $.15/KW blower operation for 8,760 Bin Hours = $1,576/year
- Heat the air up to 90 degrees add boiler heat at 46 MBH - $.46 therms/hour
- At $1 per 100,000 BTUH = $.46/hour to heat the air
The modular designed NU-1500 HRV exchanger shall be supplied with a 3/8" thick sonically welded polymer medical grade polypropylene casing. The polymer case shall be 65" long, 44" wide, and 25" deep. The interior micro channel polymer channels shall be of a 'Z' design with two separate polymer sheets. The complete polymer cell shall contain 960 square feet of total micro tube sheet media for airflow contact. The internal core cell design shall be capable of handling the corrosive environment without rotting or corroding. The mass to drag ratio of the cell shall be designed to handle up to 1,500 CFM of outdoor air at a mass to drag ratio of 1.56 feet per minute thru the 'Z' cell micro channel media. The total unit pressure resistance thru the 'Z' micro channel cell bank shall not exceed .35" of static pressure at 1,500 CFM airflow on the supply side and .29" of static pressure on the exhaust side.
The HRV exchanger shall be a direct counter flow orientation. No cross flow designs are acceptable. The HRV exchanger shall be independently tested by ETL/Intertek for thermal effectiveness based on ARI standard 1060-02 and ASHRAE standard ANSI/ASHRAE 84-91 methods of testing air-to-air heat exchangers.
- Exchanger performance per ETL independent testing:
- Outside air at 89.85DB/65.20WB with 74DB/60.4WB return air = 91.5% sensible effectiveness.
- Outside air at 91.5DB/85WB with 70.2DB/55.85WB return air = 81% sensible effectiveness and 34% latent effectiveness.
- Unit shall be designed for a no frost condition down to -15 degrees outside air.
- The complete unit performance of fans, coils, ducts, exchanger, variable speed drives, and controls shall be capable of 30EER in the summer at 95 degree outside air and 75 EER in winter at 10 degree outside air conditions.
- Modular cell component is warranted for a period of 20 years from the date of shipment.
- Unit weight is 280lbs and can fit thru a 36" wide standard door.
Download the technical brochure in our resources section